National Asset Management Agency Act 2009
Effect of service of acquisition schedule.
90.— (1) Subject to subsection (7) , the service of an acquisition schedule on a participating institution in accordance with section 87 or 89 operates by virtue of this Act to effect the acquisition of each bank asset specified in the acquisition schedule by NAMA or the specified NAMA group entity, on the date of acquisition specified in the acquisition schedule as the date of acquisition of the bank asset, notwithstanding that the consideration for the acquisition has not been paid.
(2) The acquisition of a bank asset pursuant to subsection (1) is subject to the terms and conditions set out in the acquisition schedule and any general terms and conditions specified by NAMA under section 86 (1) except to any extent that the acquisition schedule excludes or modifies such specified terms and conditions.
(3) Unless otherwise provided in an acquisition schedule , where an eligible bank asset is acquired, every relevant contract is deemed to be assigned to NAMA or the specified NAMA group entity, as the case may be.
(4) In subsection (3) “relevant contract” means a contract—
( a) relating to the bank asset,
( b) to which the participating institution is a party or in which it has an interest, and
( c) the existence of which has been disclosed to NAMA in writing.
(5) Unless otherwise provided in an acquisition schedule , where an eligible bank asset is acquired, NAMA or the specified NAMA group entity, as the case may be, becomes entitled to the benefit of—
( a) any certificate of title, solicitor’s undertaking, warranty, valuation, report, certificate or document issued to the participating institution or upon which the participating institution is entitled to rely in connection with the asset,
( b) an instruction, order, direction, bond, opinion, search, enquiry, declaration, consent, notice, power of attorney, authority or right given to, held by or issued for the benefit of, directly or indirectly, the participating institution in connection with the asset, and
( c) any other benefit arising under or in connection with any insurance or assurance policy or payment direction relating to the asset.
(6) Subject to section 91 , subsections (1) , (3) and (5) have effect in relation to a bank asset notwithstanding—
( a) any legal (including contractual) or equitable restrictions on the acquisition of the bank asset or any part of it,
( b) any legal or equitable restriction, inability or incapacity relating to or affecting any matter referred to in the acquisition schedule (whether generally or in particular) or any requirement for a consent, notification, authorisation, licence or document to similar effect (by whatever name and however described), in each case,
( c) any insignificant or immaterial error or any obvious error, or
( d) any provision of any enactment to the contrary.
(7) The service of an acquisition schedule on a participating institution in accordance with sections 87 and 89 does not have the effects mentioned in subsections (1) , (3) and (5) in relation to a bank asset if—
( a) notwithstanding that the participating institution stated in information provided under section 80 that it did not consider the bank asset to be an eligible bank asset, and that it objected to its aquisition NAMA decided under section 85 (3) to take steps to acquire the bank asset, and
( b) on the acquisition date—
(i) the Minister has not confirmed the inclusion of the bank asset in the acquisition schedule in accordance with section 117 , or
(I) has amended the acquisition schedule to remove the bank asset from the acquisition schedule, or