National Asset Management Agency Act 2009
Obligations to co-operate and act in good faith, etc.
83.— (1) If a person who is a debtor, associated debtor, guarantor or surety of a credit facility has been notified that the credit facility is an eligible bank asset, the person shall co-operate and shall, in good faith, promptly furnish to the participating institution such information relating to the eligible bank asset concerned as the participating institution requests for the purposes of its compliance with a requirement or direction under section 80 , 81 or 82 .
(2) If a person referred to in subsection (1) fails to comply with a requirement of that subsection, the participating institution concerned may apply to the Court, on notice to the person, for an order directing the person to comply with the requirement in any way specified in the order, and shall notify NAMA that it has done so.
(3) The Court may make an order (including a mandatory order) under subsection (2) if the Court is satisfied that the compliance sought is reasonably necessary to enable the participating institution concerned to comply with the requirement or direction under section 80 , 81 or 82 . The Court may make any interlocutory order that it considers necessary in the circumstances.
(4) If the Court is satisfied that for reasons of commercial confidentiality a hearing under this section should be conducted otherwise than in public, the Court may so order.
(5) Subject to the privilege against self-incrimination, a document, book or record produced by a person in answer to a request or order under this section is admissible in evidence.
(6) If a participating institution suffers loss as a result of a debtor, guarantor or surety failing to comply with an obligation under subsection (1) , the debtor, guarantor or surety shall be liable in damages to the participating institution.