National Asset Management Agency Act 2009
Nomination and remuneration, etc., of Chairperson.
25.— (1) The Minister shall nominate one of the appointed members as Chairperson.
(2) The Chairperson holds that office for 5 years or until the end (whether by the passage of time, resignation or removal under section 22 ) of his or her term of office as an appointed member, whichever is the earlier.
(3) A person may hold the office of Chairperson for 2 terms only, whether or not the terms are consecutive.
(4) The Chairperson may at any time resign that office (with or without also resigning as an appointed member) by letter addressed to the Minister. The resignation takes effect on the date specified in the letter or when the Minister receives the letter, whichever is the later.
(5) If the Chairperson dies, resigns, retires, becomes disqualified or is removed from office, the Minister shall nominate another person to fill the vacancy so occasioned. The person nominated may be an appointed member.
(6) In the circumstances mentioned in subsection (5) , and without prejudicing the Minister’s powers under that subsection , the Minister may appoint a person to act temporarily as Chairperson. The duration of such an appointment, and the terms under which the person appointed holds that office, shall be as the Minister determines at the time of appointment.
(7) An appointment pursuant to subsection (5) may be for all or a specified part of the term of office of the person replaced.
(8) If the Minister proposes to nominate a person under subsection (5) who is not already an appointed member, the Minister may—
( a) appoint that person to the Board as an appointed member, even though doing so will cause the number of appointed members specified in section 19 to be exceeded, and
( b) nominate the person as Chairperson.
(9) The Minister may determine that the Chairperson shall be paid additional remuneration or allowances on account of his or her responsibilities as Chairperson.