National Asset Management Agency Act 2009
NAMA not required to register certain instruments, etc.
107.— (1) Where a bank asset has been acquired by NAMA or a NAMA group entity—
( a) notwithstanding anything in any Act listed in subsection (2) or any other Act that provides for the registration of assets, security or details of them, NAMA or the NAMA group entity is not required to become registered as owner of any security that is part of the bank asset,
( b) notwithstanding sections 62 and 64 of the Registration of Title Act 1964, NAMA or the NAMA group entity has, in relation to any such charge, the powers of a mortgagee under a mortgage by deed, even though NAMA or the NAMA group entity is not registered as owner of any such charge,
( c) NAMA or the NAMA group entity has the powers and rights conferred on the registered owner of a charge by the Registration of Title Act 1964.
(2) The Acts referred to subsection (1) (a) are the following:
( a) the Bills of Sale (Ireland) Acts 1879 and 1883;
( c) the Companies Act 1963;
( d) the Registration of Deeds and Title Acts 1964 and 2006;
( e) the Agricultural Credit Act 1978;
( f) the Patents Act 1992;
( g) the Trade Marks Act 1996;
( h) the Taxes Consolidation Act 1997.
(3) For the purposes of an Act referred to in subsection (1) (a) , an acquisition schedule has effect in relation to a bank asset as a deed registered on the date of acquisition of the bank asset concerned.
(4) For the purposes of an Act referred to in subsection (1) (a) , the registration in relation to an acquired bank asset of a participating institution has effect for all purposes as a registration of NAMA or the NAMA group entity concerned.
(5) Nothing in this section prevents NAMA or a NAMA group entity from registering any interest capable of registration.
(6) Nothing in this section has the effect of relieving NAMA or a NAMA group entity from any obligation under a relevant foreign law.
(7) Sections 23 and 25 of the Registration of Title Act 1964 do not apply to NAMA or a NAMA group entity.
(8) Where a NAMA group entity acquires a bank asset from NAMA or another NAMA group entity, the provisions of this section also apply to the first-mentioned NAMA group entity.