Broadcasting Act 2009
Transitional provisions — BCI.
176.— (1) On the establishment day all land which, immediately before that day, was vested in the BCI and all rights, powers and privileges relating to or connected with such land shall, without any conveyance or assignment, stand vested in the Authority for all the estate or interest for which immediately before the said day it was vested in the BCI, but subject to all trusts and equities affecting the land subsisting and capable of being performed.
(2) On the establishment day all property other than land, including choses-in-action, which immediately before that day was the property of the BCI shall stand vested in the Authority without any assignment.
(3) Every chose-in-action transferred by subsection (2) to the Authority may, after the establishment day, be sued on, recovered or enforced by it in its own name and it shall not be necessary for it or the BCI to give notice to the person bound by the chose-in-action of the transfer effected by that subsection.
(4) All rights and liabilities of the BCI arising by virtue of any contract or commitment (express or implied) entered into by it before the establishment day shall on that day stand transferred to the Authority.
(5) Every right and liability transferred by subsection (4) to the Authority may, on and after the establishment day, be sued on, recovered or enforced by or against it in its own name and it shall not be necessary for it or the BCI to give notice to the person whose right or liability is transferred by that subsection of such transfer.
(6) Any legal proceedings pending immediately before the establishment day to which the BCI is a party shall be continued with the substitution in the proceedings for the BCI of the Authority.
(7) Any licences granted by the Communications Regulator to the BCI under an enactment repealed by section 3 which were extant on the passing of this Act continue.
(8) Any contracts entered into by the BCI under an enactment repealed by section 3 which were extant on the passing of this Act continue.
(9) Anything commenced but not completed before the establishment day by the BCI may be carried on and completed on or after that day by the Authority or a statutory committee.
(10) References to the BCI in any statute or in any instrument made under any statute shall on the establishment day be read as references to the Authority.