Nursing Homes Support Scheme Act 2009
Adjustment and Manner of Calculation of Amounts Repayable in Respect of Ancillary State Support
1. Monies advanced by the Executive pursuant to ancillary State support in a year shall be aggregated and the consumer price index number which relates to mid-December in that year shall be taken to be the base figure in respect of those payments.
2. The procedure set out in paragraph 1 shall be followed in respect of each subsequent year in which payments pursuant to ancillary State support are made.
3. The amount established under paragraphs 1 and 2 shall be adjusted to take account of changes in the consumer price index number.
4. On the happening of a relevant event or a deferred relevant event, as the case requires, the Executive shall calculate the aggregate of the amounts due in respect of each year, having adjusted the amounts advanced in accordance with paragraphs 1 to 3 taking account of changes in the consumer price index number up to and including the month immediately preceding the month in which the relevant event or deferred relevant event occurred.
5. In this Schedule, “consumer price index number” means the All Items Consumer Price Index Number compiled by the Central Statistics Office.