Dublin Transport Authority Act 2008
Road user information system.
61.— (1) The Authority may develop, procure, implement, operate and maintain an information system (“ road user information system ”) in the GDA to provide road users with information, including real-time information, on traffic and travel conditions.
(2) The Authority may decide the means by which the road user information system is made available.
(3) The Authority shall consult with and consider the views of the NRA and road authorities before exercising its functions under subsection (1) or (5)(a).
(4) Where the NRA or a road authority proposes to establish a road user information system in the GDA or proposes to modify an existing road user information system, it shall consult with and consider the views of the Authority.
(5) Notwithstanding any enactment, other rules of law or, in the case of a company any provision contained in the memorandum and articles of association of that company, the Authority may—
( a) give a direction to the NRA or a road authority in respect of any road user information system in the GDA provided by or on behalf of the NRA or road authority,
( b) in the exercise of its functions under subsection (1), give a direction to the NRA, a road authority, a public transport operator, an operator of a tolling scheme, or such other holders of information as it considers necessary for the provision of the road user information system to—
(i) generate and provide information in a manner, form and within a time specified by the Authority, and
(ii) comply with any requirements specified by the Authority for a road user information system.
(6) The Authority may assign any or all of its functions in relation to the development, procurement, implementation, operation and maintenance of a road user information system to the NRA, a road authority or any other person.
(7) The Authority may terminate or vary at any time an assignment of functions under subsection (6).
(8) Where the Authority terminates or varies an assignment in accordance with subsection (7), it shall recompense the assignee for the reasonable costs incurred, if any, by it up to the time of termination or variation.