Dublin Transport Authority Act 2008
F37 [ Authorised persons
56B. (1) The Authority may appoint in writing such and so many persons as it considers necessary to be authorised persons to perform any or all of the functions conferred on an authorised person under section 56C or 56D .
(2) A person appointed as an authorised person under subsection (1) , shall, on his or her appointment be furnished by the Authority with a warrant of his or her appointment and when exercising a power conferred on an authorised person under section 56C shall, if requested by any person affected, produce the warrant to that person for inspection.
(3) An authorised person, who is not a member of the Garda S í och á na, is not entitled to exercise a power under section 56C unless he or she has received training and instruction, which, in the opinion of the Authority is such as will provide guidance to him or her in the exercise of the power.
(4) The Authority shall endorse on the warrant it furnishes to an authorised person under subsection (2) a statement to the effect that the officer has received the training and instruction referred to in subsection (3) .
(5) An authorised person, who is not a member of the Garda S í och á na, when exercising a power under this section shall be in uniform provided or authorised by the Authority.
(6) An authorised person, who is not a member of the Garda S í och á na, may be referred to by the Authority by such title as it decides. ]
Inserted (8.02.2016) by Public Transport Act 2016 (3/2016), s. 10(c), commenced on enactment.