Health Act 2007
Health Information and Quality Authority
Establishment of Health Information and Quality Authority.
6.— (1) There is hereby established a body, to be known as An tÚdarás um Fhaisnéis agus Cáilíocht Sláinte or in the English language as the Health Information and Quality Authority to perform the functions assigned to it by this Act.
(2) The Authority is a body corporate with perpetual succession.
(3) The Authority may sue and be sued in its corporate name and, with the consent of the Minister and the Minister for Finance, may acquire, hold and dispose of land or an interest in land and any other property.
(4) The Authority shall provide itself with a seal as soon as may be after the Authority’s establishment.
(5) The seal of the Authority shall be authenticated by the signature of—
( a) the chairperson of the Authority or of another member of the Board of the Authority authorised by it to act in that behalf, and
( b) by the signature of the chief executive officer or of another member of staff of the Authority as may be designated by the chief executive officer.
(6) Judicial notice shall be taken of the seal of the Authority, and any document purporting to be an instrument made by the Authority and to be sealed with the seal of the Authority shall, unless the contrary is shown, be received in evidence and be deemed to be that instrument without further proof.