Pharmacy Act 2007
34.— (1) The Council shall establish the following disciplinary committees:
( a) a preliminary proceedings committee;
( b) a professional conduct committee;
( c) a health committee.
(2) The President of the Society is not eligible to be appointed to a disciplinary committee.
(3) A majority of the members of a disciplinary committee shall be persons other than registered pharmacists and at least one of those persons shall be appointed to represent the interest of the public.
(4) At least one third of its members shall be registered pharmacists.
(5) At least 2 of its members shall be registered pharmacists who are pharmacy owners.
(6) The quorum of a disciplinary committee considering a complaint against a pharmacy owner shall include at least one registered pharmacist who is a pharmacy owner.
(7) A person is not eligible to hold concurrent membership of more than one disciplinary committee.
(8) The members of a disciplinary committee have, as such, the same protections and immunities as a judge of the High Court.
(9) The Council shall appoint a registered medical practitioner with relevant expertise to advise the health committee in relation to each complaint referred to it.
(10) The registered medical practitioner must be present at the meetings of that committee, but may not vote.
(11) The registered medical practitioner has, when advising that committee, the same protections and immunities as a judge of the High Court.