Garda Síochána Act 2005
Various reports by Ombudsman Commission.
80.— (1) Not later than March 31 in each year, the Ombudsman Commission shall submit to the Minister a report on its activities in the immediately preceding year.
(2) The Ombudsman Commission shall, within 2 years from the date of its establishment, submit to the Minister a report on—
( a) the effectiveness of the Commission, and
( b) the adequacy of the functions assigned to it by this Act.
(3) The report submitted under subsection (2) may contain recommendations for improving the effectiveness of the Ombudsman Commission.
(4) At the end of each 5 year period commencing with the date of its establishment, the Ombudsman Commission shall submit to the Minister a report reviewing the general performance of its functions in the preceding 5 years.
(5) The Ombudsman Commission may make any other reports that it considers appropriate for drawing to the Minister’s attention matters that have come to its notice and that, in its opinion, should, because of their gravity or other exceptional circumstances, be the subject of a special report to the Minister.
(6) As soon as practicable after receiving a report under this section, the Minister shall cause a copy of the report to be laid before each House of the Oireachtas.