Garda Síochána Act 2005
Delegation of Ombudsman Commission’s functions.
75.— (1) Subject to subsection (2), the chairperson of the Ombudsman Commission may, in writing, delegate any of the Commission’s functions under this Act, including its functions under Part 4, to one, or more than one, of—
( a) its members or officers, or
( b) the persons engaged under section 74 .
(2) Functions under sections 99 and 108 may not be delegated to anyone other than a member of the Ombudsman Commission.
(3) A delegation under this section may—
( a) relate to the performance of a function either generally or in a particular case or class of case or in respect of a particular matter,
( b) be made subject to conditions or restrictions, and
( c) be revoked or varied by the F125 [ chairperson of the ] Ombudsman Commission at any time.
(4) The delegation of a function does not preclude the Ombudsman Commission from performing the function.
(5) Where the Ombudsman Commission’s functions under a provision of this Act are delegated to a person, any references in that provision to the Commission are to be read as references to that person.
(6) An act or thing done by a person pursuant to a delegation under this section has the same force and effect as if done by the Ombudsman Commission.
Inserted (18.05.2007) by Criminal Justice Act 2007 (29/2007), s. 43(f), S.I. No. 236 of 2007.