Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005
The Chief Executive
1. The Chief Executive shall be appointed on the terms and conditions (including terms and conditions relating to duration of contract, performance, remuneration, allowances for expenses and removal from office) that the Authority may from time to time determine with the consent of the Minister and the Minister for Finance.
2. The Chief Executive shall be paid by the Authority out of such moneys at its disposal such remuneration and such allowances for expenses (if any) incurred by him or her as the Authority, with the consent of the Minister and the Minister for Finance, may determine.
3. The Chief Executive shall perform his or her functions subject to such policies as may be determined from time to time by the Authority and shall be accountable to the Authority for the efficient and effective management of the Authority and for the due performance of his or her functions.
4. The Chief Executive may delegate any of his or her functions to an employee of the Authority, subject to such conditions as the Chief Executive considers appropriate, unless they are delegated to the Chief Executive subject to the condition that they shall not be sub-delegated, and the employee concerned shall be accountable to the Chief Executive for the performance of the functions so delegated to him or her.
5. Notwithstanding any delegation under F49 [ paragraph 4 ], the Chief Executive shall at all times remain accountable to the Authority for the performance of the functions so delegated.
6. The Chief Executive shall not hold any other office or employment or carry on any business without the consent of the Authority.