Education for Persons with Special Educational Needs Act 2004
The Chief Executive Officer
1. The Chief Executive Officer shall perform his or her functions subject to such policies as may be determined from time to time by the Council and shall be answerable to the Council for the efficient and effective management of the Council and for the due performance of his or her functions.
2. (1) The Chief Executive Officer may delegate any of his or her functions to an employee of the Council, unless they are functions delegated to the Chief Executive Officer by the Council and they have been so delegated subject to the condition that they shall not be sub-delegated, and the employee concerned shall be accountable to the Chief Executive Officer for the performance of the functions so delegated.
(2) Notwithstanding any such delegation, the Chief Executive Officer shall at all times remain accountable to the Council for the performance of the functions so delegated.
3. The Chief Executive Officer shall not hold any other office or position without the consent of the Council.
4. The Chief Executive Officer shall hold office subject to such terms and conditions (including terms and conditions relating to remuneration, fees and allowances for expenses) as the Council, with the consent of the Minister and the Minister for Finance, may from time to time determine.
5. The Chief Executive Officer shall not be a member of the Council, but he or she may, in accordance with procedures established by the Council, attend meetings of the Council and shall be entitled to speak to and advise such meetings.