Civil Registration Act 2004
Oifig an Ard-Chláraitheora.
12.—(1) The office entitled Oifig an Ard-Chláraitheora provided under section 4 of the Act of 1863 shall continue in existence notwithstanding the repeals effected by this Act.
(2) Registers and indexes maintained by an tArd-Chláraitheoir under this Act shall be kept in Oifig an Ard-Chláraitheora or in such other place as an tArd-Chláraitheoir may direct with the approval of the Minister.
(3) An tArd-Chláraitheoir shall, as soon as may be, arrange for the provision of a seal for Oifig an Ard-Chláraitheora which shall be authenticated by the signature of an tArd-Chláraitheoir or a member of his or her staff duly authorised in that behalf by an tArd-Chláraitheoir.
(4) The seal of Oifig an Ard-Chláraitheora shall be judicially noticed and every instrument purporting to be made by Oifig an Ard-Chláraitheora and to be sealed with its seal (purporting to be authenticated in accordance with subsection (3)) shall be received in evidence and be deemed to be such an instrument without further proof unless the contrary is shown.
(5) The functions of the Office entitled Oifig an Ard-Chláraitheora provided under section 52 of the Act of 1844 are transferred to and may be performed by Oifig an Ard-Chláraitheora.
(6) References in any statute or any instrument made under statute passed or made before the commencement of this section or in any document in existence immediately before such commencement to Oifig an Ard-Chláraitheora referred to in subsection (5) shall be construed as references to Oifig an Ard-Chláraitheora.