Residential Tenancies Act 2004
Staff of Board and superannuation matters
Staff of Board.
162.—(1) In addition to the Director, the Board may, from time to time, appoint such and such number of persons to be members of the staff of the Board as it may determine with the consent of the Minister and the Minister for Finance.
(2) The grades of the staff of the Board, the numbers of staff in each grade and the appropriate level of remuneration for each grade shall be determined by the Board with the consent of the Minister and the Minister for Finance.
(3) Subject to such conditions as it thinks fit, the Board may delegate to the Director any of the functions of the Board in relation to the employment of staff and the determination of selection procedures.
(4) The staff of the Board shall—
( a) be paid out of moneys available to the Board,
( b) perform such functions as determined from time to time by the Director, and
( c) hold office or employment for such period and upon and subject to such terms and conditions as may be determined from time to time by the Director, with the consent of the Minister and the Minister for Finance.
(5) Every member of the staff of the Minister designated by order made by the Minister for the purposes of this section shall, on being so designated, be transferred to and become a member of the staff of the Board.
(6) The Minister may make an order for the purposes of subsection (5) at any time but shall not do so without first having—
( a) notified in writing any recognised trade union or staff association concerned of the Minister's intention to do so, and
( b) considered, within such time as may be specified in the notification, any representations made by such trade unions or staff associations in relation to the matter.
(7) Except in accordance with a collective agreement negotiated with any recognised trade unions or staff associations concerned, a person referred to in subsection (5) shall not, while in the service of the Board, receive a lesser scale of pay or be made subject to less beneficial terms and conditions of service than the scale of pay to which he or she was entitled and the terms and conditions of service to which he or she was subject immediately before his or her transfer into such service.