Electoral (Amendment) Act 2004
Presentation of reports of Commission.
22. —(1) The Commission shall present the reports which it is required to make in accordance with section 21(a) to the Chairman of the Dáil.
(2) The Commission shall present any report which it is required to make pursuant to subsection (5) to the Chairman of the Dáil.
(3) As soon as may be after the receipt of a report referred to in subsection (1) or (2) the Chairman of the Dáil shall cause the report to be laid before each House of the Oireachtas.
(4) Subject to subsection (5), upon the expiry of 2 months from the presentation by the Commission of the last of the reports (the “final report”) which it is required to make in accordance with section 21(a), the Commission shall stand dissolved.
(5) If, before the presentation of the final report, the Government by order (which order the Government is, by virtue of this section, empowered to make) request the Commission to make such further report or reports in relation to such matters as may be specified in the order, the Commission shall not stand dissolved until the presentation of the report, or the last of the reports, pursuant to that order.
(6) An order under subsection (5) shall not have effect unless and until it is confirmed by resolution passed by each House of the Oireachtas.