Personal Injuries Assessment Board Act 2003
Membership of Board.
56.—(1) The members of the Board (including the chairperson and the chief executive) shall be such number, not more than 11, as the Minister considers appropriate from time to time.
(2) Each member of the Board shall be a person who, in the Minister’s opinion, has experience in a field of expertise relevant to the Board's functions.
(3) The members of the Board shall be appointed by the Minister as soon as may be after the establishment day.
(4) Except as provided for by subsection (3), the members of the Board shall be appointed from time to time as occasion requires by the Minister.
F26 [ (5) Of the members of the Board —
(a) one shall be a person nominated for such appointment by Insurance Ireland (or any successor of it), and
(b) one shall be an employee of the Central Bank of Ireland nominated for such appointment by the Governor of the Central Bank of Ireland. ]
F27 [ (6) The chief executive, and a person nominated for such appointment by the chairperson of the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission, shall each be a member of the Board. ]
(7) The Minister shall, in so far as is practicable, ensure an equitable balance between the numbers of members of the Board who are women and the number of them who are men.
(8) The Minister when appointing a member shall fix such member’s period of membership which shall not exceed 5 years and, subject to this section, membership shall be on such terms as the Minister may determine.
(9) The members of the Board (including the chairperson and the vice-chairperson) may be paid such remuneration and allowances as the Minister, with the consent of the Minister for Finance, may determine.
Substituted (3.04.2019) by Personal Injuries Assessment Board (Amendment) Act 2019 (3/2019), s. 11, S.I. No. 123 of 2019.
Substituted (31.10.2014) by Competition and Consumer Protection Act 2014 (29/2014), s. 88, S.I. No. 366 of 2014.
Modifications (not altering text):
Previous affecting provision: subs. (5)(c), (d) substituted and inserted (1.08.2013) by Central Bank (Supervision and Enforcement) Act 2013 (26/2013), s. 91, S.I. No. 287 of 2013; substituted as per F-note above.
Previous affecting provision: subs. (6) amended (1.10.2010) by Central Bank Reform Act 2010 (23/2010), s. 15(13) and sch. 2 part 13, S.I. No. 469 of 2010; substituted as per F-note above.
Previous affecting provision: subs. (6) amended (1.05.2007) by Consumer Protection Act 2007 (19/2007), s. 40(1) and sch. 3 part 1, S.I. No. 178 of 2007; substituted as per F-note above.