Personal Injuries Assessment Board Act 2003
Expenses incurred by claimant.
(2) That statement (“the statement”) is one to the effect that the Board will direct, if the assessment is accepted by the claimant and accepted or deemed to be accepted by the respondent or one or more of the respondents, that the respondent or respondents who accept or are deemed to have accepted the assessment shall pay to the claimant, in addition to the amount of the assessment, a specified amount, being the whole or part, as the Board, in its discretion, determines, of the amount of the following fees or expenses of the claimant.
(3) Those fees or expenses are fees or expenses that, in the opinion of the Board, have been reasonably and necessarily incurred by the claimant in complying with the provisions of this Part or any rules under section 46 in relation to his or her relevant claim.
(4) If the assessment is accepted or deemed to be accepted, in accordance with this Part, by the claimant and the respondent or one or more of the respondents the Board shall direct that that respondent or those respondents shall pay to the claimant the amount specified in the statement.
(5) The statement shall indicate, in brief terms, the nature of the fees or expenses to which the amount specified in the statement relates; not later than 10 days before the expiry of the period mentioned in section 30(2)(b) a respondent may request the Board to furnish to him or her such further details as he or she may reasonably specify in relation to the nature of those fees or expenses and the manner in which the foregoing amount was calculated by the Board and the Board shall comply with such a request.
(6) In this section “fees or expenses” do not include fees or expenses to which section 45 applies.