Youth Work Act 2001
Membership of Youth Work Committees.
20.—(1) Notwithstanding F16[section 44(2) of the Education and Training Boards Act 2013, the members of a youth work committee shall number not less than 16 and not more than 20, and an education and training board] shall, in appointing members to a youth work committee, appoint one-half of the membership in accordance with subsection (2)(a) and (b) and one-half in accordance with subsection (2)(c).
(2) F16[An education and training board] shall appoint as a member of a youth work committee in accordance with subsection (1)—
(a) at least one member of F16[the education and training board],
(b) at least one person resident in or whose principal or sole place of full-time employment is within its F16[education and training board area] , nominated by each of the following:
(i) the Minister for Social, Community and Family Affairs,
(ii) the Minister for Tourism, Sport and Recreation,
(iii) An Foras Áiseanna Saothair,
F17[(iv) the F18[Child and Family Agency],]
(v) each county council or country borough corporation in its F16[education and training board area] ,
(vi) Údarás na Gaeltachta where F16[an education and training board] functions in a Gaeltacht area,
(vii) An Garda Síochána,
(viii) the person appointed under section 13(1) of the Education Act, 1998, as Chief Inspector for the purposes of that Act,
(c) a number of persons nominated by the Voluntary Youth Council in its F16[education and training board area] equal to the number appointed under paragraphs (a) and (b).
(3) In making appointments to the youth work committee F16[an education and training board] shall as far as practicable ensure such gender balance among the membership of the committee as from time to time determined by the Minister.
(4) In order to achieve the gender balance required by subsection (3), the persons and bodies specified in subsection (2)(b) and (c) shall, in nominating candidates for appointment under this section, make such nominations in accordance with the gender balance.
(5) The Minister may issue directions to F16[an education and training board] and a youth work committee in relation to the administration of the youth work committee, and F16[the education and training board] and youth work committee concerned shall comply with those directions.
Substituted (1.07.2013) by Education and Training Boards Act 2013 (11/2013), s. 72 and sch. 6 item 38, S.I. No. 211 of 2013.
Substituted (1.01.2005) by Health Act 2004 (42/2004), s. 75 and sch. 7, part 13, S.I. No. 887 of 2004.
Substituted (1.01.2014) by Child and Family Agency Act 2013 (40/2013), s. 97 and sch. 2 part 17 item 1, S.I. No. 502 of 2013.
Modifications (not altering text):
References to “county council” construed (1.06.2014) by Local Government Reform Act 2014 (1/2014), s. 9(2), S.I. No. 214 of 2014.
Cesser and amalgamation of certain local government areas
(2) Except where otherwise provided for by this Act, a reference, however expressed, in any enactment—
(a) to a county council or a city council (including a reference construed by section 3(2) of, and Schedule 2 to, the Principal Act as a reference to a county council or to a city council, as the case may be) shall, if the context permits, be read as a reference to a county council, a city council or a city and county council, and
(b) to a county council and a city council (including a reference so construed) shall, if the context permits, be read as a reference to a county council, a city council and a city and county council.