Local Government Act 2001
Certain Reserved Functions
1. The procedure at any meeting of a local authority or joint body.
2. The appointment, whether by way of nomination or election, of a person to be a member of a public authority.
3. The election of a Cathaoirleach or a Leas-Chathaoirleach of a local authority by that authority in accordance with Part 5 or of a chairperson of a joint body.
4. The determination of an annual rate on valuation.
5. The making, amending or revoking of a bye-law by a local authority under any other enactment where the provisions governing such making, amendment or revocation do not provide that it is a reserved function.
6. The making or revoking of an order or the passing or rescinding of a resolution by virtue of which an enactment is brought into operation in or is made to apply to the functional area or a part of such area of a local authority.
7. The application to be made to any Minister in respect of the making or revoking of any such order as is mentioned in paragraph 6.
8. The demanding (however expressed) under any enactment including this Act of the whole or a part of the expenses of a local authority or of a joint body from any other local authority.