Valuation Act 2001
Delegation of functions by Commissioner.
11.—(1) The Commissioner may delegate in writing a specified function of the Commissioner under this Act to any officer of the Commissioner.
(2) Where a function is delegated under subsection (1), the officer concerned shall perform the function under the general direction and subject to the general control of the Commissioner and in accordance with such (if any) limitations as may be specified in the delegation in relation to the area or period in which or the extent to which he or she is to perform the function.
(3) Any function, when performed by an officer to whom it has been delegated under this section, shall be deemed to have been performed by the Commissioner.
(4) A delegation under this section may relate to the performance generally of a function or to the performance of a function in a particular case or class of case or in relation to property in a particular area.
(5) The Commissioner may revoke a delegation under this section at any time either generally or in relation to a particular case or class of case or in relation to property in a particular area.
(6) Where, as respects a particular case or class of case, a delegation of a function is revoked at a time when the function has not been fully performed, the Commissioner himself or herself or another officer of the Commissioner to whom a delegation in respect of that function has been made under this section may continue the performance of the function as respects the case or class of case.
(7) The Minister may give such general directions in writing to the Commissioner in relation to the exercise of his or her powers under this section as the Minister considers appropriate and the Commissioner shall comply with any such directions.
(8) Subsection (7) shall not be construed as enabling the Minister to exercise any power or control in relation to the exercise in particular circumstances by the Commissioner of his or her powers under this section.