Electricity Regulation Act 1999
F416[Actions to be taken by Commission on receipt of investigation report
60. (1) On receipt of an investigation report submitted to it by an inspector in accordance with section 59(2), the Commission shall consider the report and any submissions annexed to it.
(2) Subject to subsection (3), where the Commission has considered an investigation report (and any submissions annexed to it) under subsection (1), the Commission—
(a) if it is satisfied that improper conduct by the specified body to whom the investigation relates has occurred or is occurring, shall, subject to subsection (6) and section 61—
(i) impose a minor sanction on the specified body, or
(ii) impose a major sanction on the specified body,
as it thinks fit in the circumstances of the case,
(b) if it is not satisfied that improper conduct has occurred or is occurring but is of the opinion that a further investigation of the specified body is warranted, shall cause the further investigation to be carried out pursuant to its powers under section 57, or
(c) if it is not satisfied that improper conduct has occurred or is occurring and is not of the opinion that a further investigation of the specified body is warranted, shall take no further action.
(3) Where the Commission has considered an investigation report (and any submissions annexed to it) in accordance with subsection (1), the Commission may, if it considers it proper to do so for the purposes of assisting it to make a decision under subsection (2), or for the purposes of observing fair procedures, for those purposes—
(a) conduct an oral hearing, or
(b) give to the specified body to whom the investigation concerned relates—
(i) a copy of the investigation report, and
(ii) a notice in writing stating that the specified body may, not later than 30 days from the date it received the notice, or such further period not exceeding 30 days as the Commission allows, make submissions in writing to the Commission on the investigation report.
(4) Part 2 of Schedule 4 shall have effect for the purposes of an oral hearing referred to in subsection (3)(a).
(5) The Commission shall, as soon as is practicable after making a decision under subsection (2), give notice in writing of the decision and the reasons for the decision to the specified body to whom the investigation concerned relates and, if subsection (2)(a) applies in the case of that specified body, set out in that notice—
(a) the minor sanction or major sanction imposed on the specified body for the improper conduct specified in the notice in respect of which the Commission is satisfied as referred to in that subsection, and
(b) the reasons for the imposition of such minor sanction or major sanction, as the case may be.
(6) Where subsection (2)(a) applies in the case of a specified body the Commission shall, in deciding the sanction to be imposed on the specified body, take into consideration the matters referred to in section 65.
(7) The Commission may publish particulars, in such form and manner and for such period as it thinks fit, of any imposition of any major sanction or any minor sanction, as the case may be, on a specified body pursuant to a decision confirmed or given under section 62 or 63, as the case may be. ]
Inserted (28.04.2017) by Energy Act 2016 (12/2016), s. 5, S.I. No. 171 of 2017.