Industrial Development (Enterprise Ireland) Act 1998
Chief executive officer of Agency.
13.— (1) There shall be a chief officer of the Agency who shall be known, and is referred to in this Act, as the chief executive officer.
(2) The chief executive officer shall be appointed by the Board.
(3) The chief executive officer shall hold office for such term being not more than a period of 10 years and upon and subject to such terms and conditions (including remuneration) as the Board, with the consent of the Minister and the Minister for Finance, may determine.
(4) The chief executive officer shall, for the duration of his or her appointment, become an ex officio member of the Board and the board of Forfás.
(5) The chief executive officer shall carry on and manage and control generally the administration and business of the Agency and shall perform such other functions as may be determined by the Board.
(6) The chief executive officer shall not hold any other office or position or carry on any business without the consent of the Board.