Adoptive Leave Act 1995
Orders and regulations.
3.— (1) An order or regulation under this Act may contain such consequential, supplementary and ancillary provisions as the Minister considers necessary or expedient.
(2) The Minister may by order amend or revoke an order under this Act, including an order under this subsection.
(3) Where an order is proposed to be made under this Act, a draft of the order shall be laid before both Houses of the Oireachtas and the order shall not be made until a resolution approving of the draft has been passed by each such House.
(4) Before making an order or regulation under this Act, the Minister shall consult such organisations or other bodies of persons representative of employers and such organisations or other bodies of persons representative of trades unions or bodies analogous to trades unions as the Minister considers appropriate.
(5) Subsections (1) to (4) do not apply to an order under section 1 (2) .
(6) Every regulation made under this Act shall be laid before each House of the Oireachtas as soon as practicable after it is made and, if a resolution annulling the regulation is passed by either such House within the next 21 days on which the House has sat after the regulation is laid before it, the regulation shall be annulled accordingly, but without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under the regulation.