Misuse of Drugs Act 1977
Special directions prohibiting prescribing etc. of controlled drug in certain cases.
7.—(1) If the Minister believes that a practitioner is or has been, after the commencement of this section, prescribing, administering or supplying, or authorising the administration or supply of any controlled drug in an irresponsible manner, subject to the provisions of this Act, he may give a direction in respect of the practitioner prohibiting him prescribing, administering or supplying or authorising the administration or supply of such controlled drugs as may be specified in the direction.
(2) A direction given pursuant to this section (in this Act subsequently referred to as a special direction) shall come into force when a copy of it is given to the practitioner to whom it relates and, subject to subsection (3) of this section and section 11 (1) of this Act, the special direction shall remain in operation until it is cancelled.
(3) The Minister may F16[…] suspend the operation of a special direction.
(4) The Minister may F16[…] cancel a special direction.
(5) Where the Minister suspends the operation of or cancels a special direction, he shall cause notice to that effect to be given to the practitioner to whom the special direction applies and, as soon as may be, cause notice of the suspension or cancellation to be published in the Iris Oifigiúil.
(6) A person who contravenes a special direction shall be guilty of an offence.
Deleted (3.08.1984) by Misuse of Drugs Act 1984 (18/1984), s. 15(b), S.I. No. 205 of 1984.