Greyhound Industry Act 1958
Conditions attached to greyhound race track licence.
23. — (1) The Board may, on the grant of a greyhound race track licence, attach any condition to the licence.
(2) The Board may, by notice served on the licensee under a greyhound race track licence—
(a) revoke any condition attached to the licence,
(b) vary any condition attached to the licence,
(c) attach any new condition to the licence.
(3) Different conditions may be attached under this section to different licences and, in particular, the conditions may include—
(a) conditions as to the days on and the times at which races may take place,
(b) conditions as to the number of persons performing particular classes of functions on greyhound race tracks who must be in attendance at races,
(c) conditions as to the provision of suitable facilities to enable authorised officers in attendance at races duly to perform their functions,
(d) conditions as to permitting the Board to set up, maintain and work totalisators on greyhound race tracks on such sites as the Board may decide to be suitable and, where they are set up, as to provision by licensees of suitable arrangements for bookmakers in places convenient and suitable for carrying on their business (such arrangements to be determined, in default of agreement between bookmakers and licensees, by the Board).
(4) The Board shall not, pursuant to a condition referred to in paragraph (d) of subsection (3) of this section, decide that a site is suitable for a totalisator save after consultation with the licensee concerned.
(6) Where the licensee under a greyhound race track licence does not comply with any condition attached to the licence, he shall, without prejudice to the power to suspend or revoke the licence, be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on summary conviction thereof to a F24[class A fine].
Repealed (1.12.1992) by Greyhound Industry (Amendment) Act 1993 (37/1993), s. 4(1), commenced as per subs. (2).
Substituted (1.10.2020) by Greyhound Racing Act 2019 (15/2019), s. 55(c), S.I. No. 399 of 2020. A class A fine means a fine not exceeding €5,000 as provided (4.01.2011) by Fines Act 2010 (8/2010), ss. 3, 4(1), S.I. No. 662 of 2010.
Modifications (not altering text):
Subs. (6) repealed in so far as that subsection relates to non-compliance with a condition attached to a greyhound race track licence referred to in subs. (5) (1.12.1992) by Greyhound Industry (Amendment) Act 1993 (37/1993), s. 4(1), commenced as per subs. (2).
4.—(1) Subsections (5) and (6) (insofar as that subsection relates to non-compliance with a condition attached to a greyhound race track licence referred to in the said subsection (5)) of section 23 of the Principal Act are hereby repealed.
(2) This section shall be deemed to have come into operation on the 1st day of December, 1992.
Previous affecting provision: maximum fine in subs. (6) increased (25.07.1999) by Horse and Greyhound Racing (Betting Charges and Levies) Act 1999 (24/1999), s. 12(2) and table ref. no. 1, S.I. No. 211 of 1999; fine substituted as per F-note above.