Central Bank Act 1942
F162 [ Annual performance statements.
32L. — (1) No later than 30 April in each year, the Bank shall prepare a statement relating to the Bank ’ s performance in regulating financial services (in this section called a ‘ performance statement ’ ).
(2) A performance statement is to be in 3 parts —
( a ) details, including the aims and objectives, of regulatory activity planned for the current year (in this subsection called a ‘ Regulatory Per formance Plan ’ ),
( b ) a review of the Bank ’ s regulatory performance during the preceding year having regard to the Regulatory Performance Plan for that year and any other relevant matters, and
( c ) the report of any international peer review carried out during the preceding year under section 32M.
(3) The review of the Bank ’ s regulatory performance required by subsection (2)( b ) shall include details of the activities carried out during the relevant year by —
( a ) the part of the Bank responsible for internal audit, F164 [ … ]
F165 [ ( aa ) the Bank in relation to the exercise of its powers under Part 2 of the Central Bank (Supervision and Enforcement) Act 2013, and ]
( b ) the Registrar of Credit Unions.
(4) A performance statement is to be in the form, and is to relate to the matters, that the Minister directs, but shall not relate to the exercise by the Governor of his or her functions under the ESCB Statute.
(5) Within one month after receiving a performance statement, the Minister will lay it before each House of the Oireachtas.
(6) If the Governor or a Head of Function is requested by a Committee of the Oireachtas to —
( a ) attend before the Committee, and
( b ) provide that Committee with information relating to the Bank ’ s performance statement,
the Governor or Head of Function shall —
(i) appear before the Committee, and
(ii) subject to section 33AK(1A), provide the Committee with such information relating to the performance statement as the Committee requires.
(7) The reference in subsection (6) to a Committee of the Oireachtas is a reference to a Committee appointed by either House or by both Houses jointly to examine matters relating to the Bank and includes a subcommittee of such a Committee, but does not include the Committee on Members ’ Interests of D á il É ireann or the Committee on Members ’ Interests of Seanad É ireann. ]
Deleted (1.08.2013) by Central Bank (Supervision and Enforcement) Act 2013 (26/2013), s. 5 and sch. 2 item 6, S.I. No. 287 of 2013.
Inserted (1.08.2013) by Central Bank (Supervision and Enforcement) Act 2013 (26/2013), s. 5 and sch. 2 pt. 1 item 6, S.I. No. 287 of 2013.
Substituted and inserted (1.10.2010) by Central Bank Reform Act 2010 (23/2010), s. 14(1) and sch. 1 pt. 1 item 39, S.I. No. 469 of 2010.