Central Bank Act 1942
F160 [ Accounting and other records of Bank.
32J. — (1) The Bank shall keep all proper accounting records of all its transactions.
(2) The Bank ’ s accounts shall show separately —
( a ) receipts from funds raised from levies and fees prescribed by regulations in force under sections 32D and 32E and expenditure on the performance of its functions and the exercise of its powers,
( b ) its income from penalties imposed under paragraphs ( c ) and ( f ) of section 33AQ(3), and
( c ) other receipts and expenditure.
(3) Within 6 months after the end of each financial year, the Bank shall prepare and transmit to the Comptroller and Auditor General a statement of accounts for the financial year concerned. The statement shall be in a form approved by the Minister after consulting the Bank. The approval of a form of statement of accounts under this subsection remains in force until superseded by the approval of another form of statement of accounts.
(4) The statement shall show separately —
( a ) receipts from funds raised from levies and fees prescribed by regulations in force under sections 32D and 32E and expenditure on the performance of its functions and the exercise of its powers, and
( b ) other receipts and expenditure.
(5) The Comptroller and Auditor General shall audit, certify and report on the statement of accounts and, as soon as practicable after completing the report, give it and the statement of accounts to the Minister.
(6) As soon as practicable after being given the report and statement of accounts, the Minister shall arrange for copies of those documents to be laid before each House of the Oireachtas.
(7) The accounts of the Bank may be audited in accordance with Article 27 of the ESCB Statute and, for that purpose, the Bank shall provide any auditors appointed in accordance with that Article with full information, books and records.
(8) The Bank shall keep its accounting records for at least 6 years. ]
Substituted and inserted (1.10.2010) by Central Bank Reform Act 2010 (23/2010), s. 14(1) and sch. 1, pt. 1, item 39, S.I. No. 469 of 2010.