Central Bank Act 1942
F149 [ Bank to prepare strategic plan.
32B. — (1) At least 3 months before the beginning of each period specified in subsection (2), the Bank shall —
( a ) prepare for the period a strategic plan that complies with this section, and
( b ) submit the plan to the Minister.
(2) The periods referred to in subsection (1) are —
( a ) the period of 3 financial years that begins on 1 January F150 [ 2016 ] , and
( b ) each subsequent period of 3 financial years.
(3) A strategic plan shall specify —
( a ) the objectives of the Bank ’ s activities for the relevant period,
( b ) the nature and scope of the activities to be undertaken,
( c ) the strategies and policies for achieving those objectives,
( d ) targets and criteria for assessing the performance of the Bank, and
( e ) the uses for which the Bank proposes to apply its resources.
(4) If the Minister has notified the Bank in writing of any requirements with respect to the form in which a strategic plan is to be prepared, such a plan shall comply with those requirements.
(5) As soon as practicable after receiving the Bank ’ s strategic plan, the Minister shall arrange for the plan to be laid before each House of the Oireachtas.
(6) As soon as practicable after becoming aware that a strategic plan has been laid before both Houses of the Oireachtas, the Bank shall publish the strategic plan and take all reasonably practical steps to implement it. ]
Substituted and inserted (19.09.2013) by Central Bank Reform Act 2010 (23/2010), s. 14(1) and sch. 1 pt. 1 item 39, S.I. No. 360 of 2013.
Substituted (1.08.2013) by Central Bank (Supervision and Enforcement) Act 2013 (26/2013), s. 5 and sch. 2 pt. 1 item 4, S.I. No. 287 of 2013.